Guangzhou - Locally-Engaged Information Technology Professional – IT Program Manager (LEITP), LE-08
Competition Number: 2017-LES- GANZU-021
Position Title: Guangzhou - Locally-Engaged Information Technology Professional – IT Program Manager (LEITP), LE-08
Closing Date: 2017.5.14 (at midnight UTC/GMT)
Starting Annual Salary: Approx. RMB 334,000 (before CPP, EI and Canadian Income Tax deduction; no other benefits included; salary is non-negotiable)
Area of Selection:
This position is open to Canadian citizens residing in China who meet all of the essential qualifications and whose applications are received by the closing date.
Short-listed candidates should be able to participate in tests and/or interviews in Guangzhou at their own expense. The successful candidate will be required to relocate to Guangzhou at own expense.
Summary of duties:
Under the supervision of the Management Consular Officer (MCO) and/or Client Support Regional Manager (CSRM), manage, and is accountable, for the day-to- day operations of the IT Program in the mission, program development, project management; offering technical support and problem resolution to all the client community at the Mission on SIGNET (GAC’s international network), all non-SIGNET equipment (hardware and software, as employed by the Department) and the LAN; Audio Visual and Videoconferencing support; develops and delivers training sessions and provides one-on-one coaching and technical advice to users on the SIGNET system, software, and the LAN environment; authors technical documents and procedures; keeps abreast of changes in information technology in the Department and in the market place; performs other related duties.
- Degree from a college or university with a specialization in computer science or related discipline, OR an acceptable equivalent through the combination of education and work experience
- Proficiency in English (reading, writing, listening, speaking)
- Experience (5 years) in providing competent IT user support over the telephone, by e-mail and in person
- Experience (5 years) in supporting and administering a LAN and its environment
- Experience (5 years) in supporting commercial, off-the- shelf software and hardware
- Basic experience (1 year) in supporting mobile communications devices such as BlackBerry and iPad
- Knowledge of supporting and administering a Local Area Network (LAN) and its environment
- Knowledge of theories and practices of IT related functions: software, hardware, networking, internet-working and communications
- Knowledge of trouble-shooting techniques used in the resolution of technical problems pertaining to IT equipment and infrastructure
- Ability to analyse, diagnose and resolve technical problems related to the use of hardware and software in a networking environment
- Ability to analyse and identify operational and user requirements for planning and development purposes
- Ability to provide user support, coaching, and training by correspondence, over the telephone and in person
- Ability to describe a problem succinctly and discuss likely causes and solutions with a view to solving the problem
- Ability to establish effective interpersonal relationships within the team and with colleagues, supervisors and clients;
- Ability to coordinate conflicting priorities within tight deadlines and meet work targets.
- Client Focus – Acts to improve client service
- Commitment to Own Learning – Keeps current in own field of expertise
- Effective Interactive Communication – Adapts language to the audience
- Information Seeking – Digs deeper
- Initiative – Takes action under pressure
- Judgement – Applies sound judgement in difficult situations
Preferred standing may be given to those candidates who also meet the following:
- Proficiency in French (reading, writing, listening, speaking)
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese (reading, writing, listening, speaking)
- Proficiency in Cantonese Chinese (reading, writing, listening, speaking)
- Experience in administering Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (or newer)
- Experience in supporting Microsoft Windows 7 and Office Suite
- Experience in configuring, maintaining and deploying microcomputers (PCs)
- Experience in supporting Remote Access tools (Citrix Receiver and Cisco AnyConnect)
- Experience in internetworking technologies
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid working authorization in China.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid “Reliability Status” security clearance
- Ability and willingness to work overtime on short notice as required
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as required
How to Apply:
We are seeking high quality written applications to establish a shortlist for further testing. Your application must include an Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae in English or French.
Your Application Letter should indicate why you meet the mandatory requirements on the following aspects:
- Area of Selection
Your Application Letter should also discuss your qualifications on:
- Experience in providing IT user support
- Experience in supporting and administering a LAN and its environment
- Experience in supporting commercial, off-the- shelf software and hardware
- Experience in supporting mobile communications devices
Please click the link to complete your online application: http://www.wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=1722&source=PO
Please be advised that incomplete applications will not be considered.
An eligibility list may be established from this process to staff potential vacancies that may arise within this domain on indeterminate, term or Emergency basis.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those invited to further assessment will be contacted. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information so that you can be easily reached (e-mail, phone, mobile, etc.)
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Government of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
The Government of Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise us in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.